Neck Pain Treatment in Fort Lauderdale, FL and Margate, FL
Neck pain is a common orthopedic issue. The neck muscles can be strained from poor posture, pulled from physical activity, or other health conditions, such as osteoarthritis.
Neck Pain Symptoms
Rarely, neck pain is a symptom of a more serious problem. Some symptoms of neck pain include but are not limited to:
- Pain that worsens when holding your head up or in the same position, such as when driving or working at a computer
- Muscle tightness and spasms
- Decreased ability to move your head
There are some cases in which neck pain may point to a more serious issue. In this case, such as after a motor vehicle accident, it is vital to see your doctor.
Neck Pain Treatment
The most common types of mild to moderate neck pain typically respond well to self-care and exercises within two or three weeks. However, some may need some intervention with your doctor. Below are some of the many treatments available for neck pain:
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) – Electrodes are placed on the skin near the affected area and administer tiny electrical impulses to help relieve pain.
- Short-term Immobilization – A soft collar to help support the neck may relieve pain by taking pressure off the structures in the neck.
- Steroid Injections – Your doctor may inject corticosteroid medications into the neck in different locations to help relieve pain.
Neck Pain Specialists in Ft. Lauderdale & Margate, FL
To schedule a consultation at one of our two conveniently located South Florida locations, call South Florida Orthopedic Group (formerly known as Meli Orthopedic Centers of Excellence) in Fort Lauderdale at (954) 771-8177 or in Margate at (954) 580-4080. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have.