Hand & Upper Extremity
Do you have pain in your hand or wrist that is limiting your ability to function? A hand or wrist problem can cause numbness, tingling, weakness, and stiffness, making it difficult to write, type, drive, or even hold an object.
We see a lot of patients with hand, wrist, and forearm pain at South Florida Orthopedic Group (fka Meli Orthopedic Centers of Excellence) in South Florida. In fact, carpal tunnel syndrome is one of the most common conditions we see and treat.
However, surgery is not always the best option for hand and upper extremity injuries. They can take a long time to heal, and the procedures necessary for treatment are very complex. Board-certified hand and upper extremity specialist Dr. Ayisha Livingstone offers many technologically advanced procedures, like endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery, which are far less invasive than traditional surgery. That means you will heal and regain function faster. We also perform reconstructive hand surgery and wrist fusion.
Our office treats the following conditions:
- Arthritis of the upper extremity
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Carpal instability – wrist ligament injury
- Cubital tunnel syndrome – ulnar nerve transposition at the elbow
- DeQuervain's tendonitis – wrist tendonitis
- Fracture care – hand, wrist, forearm, elbow
- Golfer’s elbow
- Pitcher’s elbow (Little League syndrome)
- Rheumatoid arthritis of the hand
- Skier's thumb
- Tennis elbow
- Trauma of the upper extremity
- Triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) injury – wrist sprain
- Trigger finger and trigger thumb
- And much more
Our Hand & Upper Extremity Specialist
Hand & Wrist Surgery in Ft. Lauderdale & Margate, FL
If you’re in need of expert hand and wrist surgery in South Florida, choose the orthopedic surgeon patients like you trust. Contact South Florida Orthopedic Group, formerly Meli Orthopedic Centers of Excellence, to schedule your appointment with Dr. Ayisha Livingstone. Call South Florida Orthopedic Group in Fort Lauderdale at (954) 771-8177 or in Margate at (954) 580-4080. You can also request your appointment now.