Your safety and well-being is our top priority. As COVID-19 cases are spiking in our area, we encourage you to take advantage of telemedicine visits as an alternative approach to seeing our Physicians for non-urgent visits, such as review of your MRI or other diagnostic tests.
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine is the delivery of health care by a Provider who is in a different location from the patient, utilizing interactive telecommunications equipment that includes real-time audio and video, such as your computer, smartphone, or tablet, for a visit with your doctor from the comfort of your home or office.
Upon making your appointment, our staff will email you the invitation for your telemedicine visit as well as any paperwork that needs to be filled out. If you do not receive this email, please call our office back.
Here are some helpful tips to prepare for your telemedicine visit:
- Please download the app on your computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet. Make sure you have a reliable internet connection.
- Make sure to complete your telemedicine consent form and any other required forms and return them to our office prior to your appointment.
- Be prepared to pay for your co-pay. Telemedicine visits are normally subject to the same co-pays as a traditional specialist visits.
- Find a quiet, private place for your appointment where you can hear your Physician and they can hear you without distractions and interruptions.
- Jot down any important questions for your Physician to help you remember them during your appointment.
- Log into your appointment no more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Have our phone number handy in case there is a problem connecting to your meeting or you lose connection during your visit.
- Please be prepared to go over your personal history, family medical history, any medications you take, your preferred pharmacy, and any other pertinent information in order for your Physician to provide you the best possible care.
- If possible, obtain your blood pressure and heart rate prior to your appointment. This information will be helpful as your doctor evaluates you during your telemedicine visit.
- Review your treatment plan with your Physician during your telemedicine visit so you are both clear on the next steps. You may want to have pen and paper to jot down notes so you do not forget the plan. Ask any questions about the plan during this time with your doctor.
- At the end of your telemedicine visit, schedule a follow-up visit as needed.
Call our office to schedule your telemedicine visit (954) 771-8177 or (954) 580-4080.